Is there anything better than a pumpkin spice latte on a chilly Fall day?
Yes, I have had the “real deal” Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte that everyone talks about. And yes, it is every bit as amazing as they said it would be. BUT, I just cannot justify the ingredients, the sugar content and that price tag!
Here is a gluten free, dairy free pumpkin spice latte recipe that is sure to satiate your Starbucks craving while keeping both your body and your wallet much happier.
PREP TIME: 7 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (yes, there’s actual real pumpkin in this recipe!)
- 1 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 drops liquid stevia, or 1-2 Tbsp sweetener of your choice (ie honey, maple syrup, etc.)
- 1 1/2-2 cups strongly brewed coffee
- 3/4-1 cup full fat coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
Don’t have all those spices? No worries! You can swap them out for pre-made pumpkin pie spice if you want.
TIP: Pumpkin puree is often on sale at the stores this time of year, but if you want to pinch your pennies even tighter, try making your own in a slow cooker instead!
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, 1 Tbsp coconut milk, spices and sweetener in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the coffee and pumpkin mixture, heating until desired temperature.
- In a separate saucepan, heat remaining coconut milk (just before boiling) and froth with a handheld frother (here’s the one I have).
- Divide coffee mixture into 2 cups and pour foamed milk over each.
Try topping with coconut whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon- whatever suits you!
Love everything pumpkin? Check out this amazing, super healthy pumpkin pie smoothie recipe, too!
*This recipe originates from TheNourishingGourmet.com