PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: NONE!
- half pint mason jar, with lid
- 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats (I use Red Mill old fashioned rolled oats, but use what you have)
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (As always, you choose- 0%, 2%, full fat. Make this work for you!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp dried chia seeds
The choices here are endless! I love to add a 1/4 tsp of vanilla and a few blueberries, but any fruit or flavor combinations are game with this one. Another fantastic add-in is a scoop of protein powder to really boost the nutritional value of this meal. Make a few jars with different combinations and see what you like best. It’s an easy way to keep an old recipe from getting, well, old!
- In your mason jar, add the milk, yogurt, oats and chia seeds.
I like to add a splash of milk to the bottom of the jar, add the rest of the ingredients and then the remainder of the milk to avoid anything sticking to the bottom of the mason jar.
- Place the lid on tightly and shake until everything is well combined.
- Remove lid and add your “add-ins”, stirring the fruit in gently if using any.
- Place lid back on mason jar and refrigerate overnight.
**If you choose to add protein powder, add it in along with the oats. The dryness of the powder may require a little extra milk be added to get the right consistency. I like mine thick and creamy, but feel free to adjust the measurements to find your desired texture. This is a totally customizable recipe!
I like to make a few of these at a time, with a variety of ingredients in each. They will last in the fridge for about 2-3 days, depending on what you’ve added in. Bananas will only last a day or two before browning. If you simply add a little vanilla and maple syrup or just some protein powder, you can stretch those ones for up to three days.