SERVES: 2-3 as base of meal OR 4-5 as a side
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, steamed, peeled & diced
- 1 handful green beans, steamed and diced
- 1 handful broccoli heads, steamed and chopped small
- salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cut cauliflower into small chunks and add to food processor. Process until a fine, rice-like consistency.
No food processor? No problem! Just bust out a cutting board, a good knife, and a little patience and get to cutting. This can add an extra 5 minutes or so to your prep time, but it’s worth it to get those little, rice-like pieces as opposed to chunks of cauliflower.
2. In wok or large pan, bring 1-2 Tbsp olive oil to medium-high heat, depending on how large your cauliflower is. Add in chopped onion and cook until it starts to appear translucent.
3. Add in processed cauliflower, adding olive oil if necessary. Mix together and allow to cook approximately 5 minutes until slight browning appears on cauliflower. During this time, steam your veggies to become just fork tender (or microwave if you’re in a time crunch).
You don’t have to use the veggies I’ve listed. Use what you have on hand. Those are staples in my fridge, but feel free to throw in some bok choy or brussel sprouts- or whatever you’ve got!
4. Add remaining vegetables and stir to combine. Continue to cook about 7-10 more minutes, tossing occasionally, until cauliflower is browned and slightly crisped.