PREP TIME: 20 minutes **Prep can all be done ahead to make this a quick & easy breakfast
COOK TIME: 5-10 minutes
- 1 small sweet potato boiled, cooled and diced
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 6-8 brussel sprouts, cut in half and steamed
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into spears and steamed
- 6-8 green beans, steamed and cut into thirds
- 6-8 pc asparagus, steamed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp water
1. Boil sweet potato until it begins to soften. You want it to be soft, yet firm enough to dice into cubes that won’t fall apart once cooled.
2. While sweet potato cools, steam brussel sprouts, broccoli, green beans and asparagus until fork tender.
Feel free to mix up the veggies. Use whatever you have on hand!
3. In medium pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
4. Add steamed vegetables to pan and stir to mix.
5. In bowl, combine mustard and water. This will coat the veggies more evenly than adding the mustard by itself. Pour over veggies and stir to combine well.
6. Finally, gently stir in the diced sweet potato and cook another 1-2 minutes, slightly browning the sweet potato.
You want to add the sweet potato last. I’ve tried adding it first and adding it at the same time as the other veggies. For some reason, the mustard would always cling to the sweet potato pieces and not spread evenly to the other vegetables.
This meal is so easy and so yummy! I love to throw a fried egg right on top for a fast, but wholesome breakfast.