PREP TIME: 2-3 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- 1 ripe avocado
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 pcs. gluten-free bread
- 1 Tbsp. coconut butter
1. Slice your avocado in half, remove pit and scoop out the entire avocado into a bowl.
2. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Then, using a fork, mash up your avocado until desired consistency.
3. Bring medium pan to low/medium heat as you spread coconut butter evenly on one side of each piece of bread.
5. Add half the avocado mixture each to the dry side of 2 pieces of bread and place buttered side down in pan.
6. Place remaining bread on top, buttered side up, allowing bread to turn golden brown before flipping (2-3 minutes).
Remove from heat and enjoy! This sandwich is rich in healthy fats, which will keep you fuller longer. It goes great with a light side, like some steamed kale with a drizzle of lemon. Such an easy, yet satisfying recipe!
Don’t be afraid to get creative with this simple recipe. Got some leftover bacon in the fridge? Have a tomato that needs to be eaten? Add them right in!